Pole Vault Canada Feb. 23-29
As the Indoor season gets close to the end, you would think the number of improvements would slow down across the country but that is not the case. 50 Canadian pole vaulters improved in the PV Canada Rankings. Awesome! The Regional University Championships were a big reason for that. Here are few of the highlights;
– David McKay(York University) won the OUA championships in Windsor with a PB of 5.25m. Moving him to number 33 in the Canadian Alltime Rankings
– Tristan Slater matched his PB with a jump of 5.20m in West Virgina. Tristan has the top jump as a Jr. in Canada this year.
– Nathan Filipek had a huge PB in Saskatoon winning the Western Canadian Univ. Championships. Nathan improved his best to 5.16m
– Riley van Ryswyk PB’d to win the Quebec Univ. Championships in Montreal jumping 4.89m
– Milos Savic tied his PB at 4.95m to claim 3rd in Windsor at the OUA Champs.
– Alysha Newman continued her strong indoor season, jumping 4.42m to place 2nd at the SEC championships in Boston.
– Allison Harris won the Ivy League Championships with a meet record jump of 4.15m
– Robin Bone won the OUA Championships for the 4th straight year jumping 4.04m
– Paige Ridout had a season’s best of 3.98m to win the Can. West Univ. Champs.
– Makiah Hunt PB’d twice. Clearing 3.81m and 3.91m at York Univ. and continues to be Canada’s top ranked Jr.
– Melissa Richards of Univ. of Manitoba, BP’d at 3.88m to take second in Saskatoon.
– Ashley Stoyanovich of Univ. of Western Ontario had a big PB clearing 3.70m in Windsor.
Pole Vault Canada Award Winners
Nathan Filipek(Univ. of Alberta) 5.16m
Riley van Ryswyk(McGill Univ.) 4.89m
4.50m Men/ 3.50m Women
James Turner(Univ. of Toronto) 4.55m
Nicole Bewski(Univ. of Calgary) 3.58m
Telvin Travenier(Charlton Univ.) 4.50m
4.00m Men/3.00m Women
Maya Fetic(Bolton Pole Vault) 3.06m
Michael Iwamoto(Lawrence Park CI) 4.01m
Dylan Golow(Club FQA) 4.20m
Patrick Hanna(Club FQA) 4.40m
Shaun Beaudin(Univ. of Guelph) 4.05m